We’ve filmed over 100 vlogs with a GoPro but recently we shot a video with a different camera: the Canon EOS R6. The Canon camera is one I’ve owned for a few years but we’d never made a video with it until recently due to the convenient nature of the point and shoot action cam.
We asked for feedback and the response was quite mixed so I thought a more detailed experiment was in order.
I wasn’t planning to turn this into a video for public consumption but I thought it might be interesting – and I’d really appreciate your input as to which camera you prefer in terms of picture and sound quality.
All footage was shot on the same day, in the same location in 4k resolution.
- Version 1: GoPro Hero 9 Black
- Version 2: Canon R6 with C.LOG3 (automatic colour correction)
- Version 3: Canon R6 with C.LOG3 (manual colour correction)
- Version 4: Canon R6 without log profile
- Version 5: Canon R6 with variable ND filter (automatic colour correction)
- Version 6: Canon R6 with variable ND filter (manual colour correction)
Which do you prefer?