During the renovation of our Portuguese farmhouse we discovered an issue: damp, moisture and water ingress – particular in one corner of the house on the lowest part of the land.
Having uncovered this, we put into place some (temporary) guttering to direct rain water away from around the perimeter of the building – eventually we’ll capture this in some large tanks and use it for irrigating our garden. The guttering has helped in the long term but it was not a complete solution.
Join us for a special kind of episode where we flashback to events of the past so you can get up to speed with our situation, what we’re doing about it and why. And then, join us in the next video to see what we’ve been doing more recently and if we’ve finally fixed the damp problem!